EMV Chip Payments
NCR Silver EMV BenefitsA chip off the new block: Why NCR Silver EMV technology is a cut above
- Enjoy card processor freedom, as NCR Silver lets you choose which one to use.
- You'll be ready to take EMV PIN payments.
- Experience live 24/7 customer support and the award-winning Silver Concierge service.
- Have NCR innovation and know-how in your corner.
- Use a sturdy EMV stand built for the rigors of the real world.
- Choose between black and white EMV card readers and stands.
Ready to Start Taking Chip and PIN Cards?
How to Upgrade to EMV TechnologyFreedom, less potential for credit card liability and future-ready technology are waiting for you
With an NCR Silver EMV reader, customers swipe traditional cards using the swipe slot, or “dip” chip cards into the device.
With Apple Pay and similar mobile payment services, consumers place an enabled smartphone or smartwatch near the reader to complete a transaction.
To get started, order your NCR Silver EMV reader and heavy-duty stand. After you order your hardware, you'll receive an email with instructions on getting your new technology enabled at your store and with your card processor.
Have More Questions About EMV Technology or the NCR Silver POS System?Take a look at these FAQs
- What devices does NCR Silver work with?
NCR Silver apps work on Apple iOS 8 mobile devices, Apple iOS 9 mobile devices and the NCR Silver Quantum.
- What’s included in my NCR Silver subscription?
Your app, 24/7 LIVE customer support, the Silver Concierge service, regular software updates, integrated loyalty, email marketing, inventory management and more.
- How much does NCR Silver cost?
It starts at $79 per month. You can get NCR Silver with EMV service as low as $99 per month. NCR Silver Pro Restaurant Edition starts as low as $149 per month. Additional sites, devices and month-to-month subscriptions may cost more.
- What do I need to make the EMV upgrade?
First, your card processor has to be certified for EMV and your POS system. You can order your EMV reader and stand from NCR Silver. You can also set up your EMV monthly service through NCR Silver. Shortly after ordering, you'll receive email instructions on getting your new technology enabled at your store and with your processor.